Saturday, December 16, 2006

another day on the right side of the grass

Here it is another Saturday and time for another ramble (wise disertation).
I have passed another milestone in my prostate cancer ordeal. I have officially left the medication/chemo phase of this trial behind! As of Thursday, I am no longer on any kind of medication related to this subject. My blood test of last week showed a PSA of .01. That is as close to zero as they register! That is now my baseline for future checkups. I do not have to go back for 6 months.
I did not realize how much I was on edge prior to going to this Dr. appointment. When I came out with a good report, it was like the whole world had opened up again. I have claimed healing since this thing began, but obviously it was still in the back of my mind.

Never beat your mother at cards. Its another of those if you win you lose situations. I played her a couple of weeks ago, just the two of us, and I creamed her! I was proud all the way home! I walked in and told Andrea and she gave me "the look". It didn't take me long to figure out why. I went back thursday night and I shuffled in and appologized for gloating. We played a couple of hours and I beat her again! Not as bad as last time, but pretty good. I just don't know if I can throw a game of canasta, but I am considering it.

Looking forward to a visit from Zippidie this week. Always good to have him and his close by. I know Jacci is not real fond of anything south of South Philly, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

This morning was grandbaby's first gymnastics recital. She was, by all accounts, nothing short of amazing. Her mother had bribed her into being good by promising her a new "my little pony".
You would never have known. She seemed to play the crowd with a practiced eye. I think she would have rather had a sticker than the medal she got, but she will get used to trophies.

Last night was memorable. Andrea and I took some friends to an evening at the symphony. There was a guest conductor in town for a performance of The Messiah. We had never been to the new concert hall at UAB and I had not been to a "Messiah" in years. The concert was excellent, the evening more than pleasent. My fellow concert goers were less than thrilled with everything beyond about the first 15 minutes. It had been so long since I had been in a good concert hall and I was in heaven. I conducted and sang along (in my head) the whole evening and enjoyed every minute. No one I know is able to relate to "my former life" in California, and at Montevallo. Next year I guess I will go with everyone to the Glen Miller concert instead. (this morning, Robby thought we were going to a Steve Miller concert. Yee Haw, take the money and run.)

Enough for one sitting. See you all soon!

uncle westy

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

My husband would love to talk music "shop" with you. I love music, and even I can't relate to him musically as much as someone else who has truly studied music can. :-) Anytime you need that bug filled, he'd love to have someone to share those kinds of thoughts with. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home