Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yippee Zippeedee!

Yippee Zippeedee!
Congrats to Fogged’s #1 son on his new job. It is good to see another of the kids doing good.
Way to go to Peachy Keen on the tu tu. Cute as a button and spoken only as a mother can.
If you haven’t kept an eye on mandapooh please do. Her creative streak is showing. If only I knew how to market it.
Once again I have ventured into the world of the painter. I have an opportunity to put together a couple of paint crews and paint apartments in Hoover. We started Tuesday with a crew from Clanton. The crew leader promised me he could paint 4 or 5 units a day. Two days and 4 units later he was complaining that they couldn’t make money at that rate and needed to bump their price 220%. Let me think about that…no. They walked and now I am looking for replacements. I hope to be back in business by Monday. I don’t know that this is the new career, but it is an income with inside work with winter coming on. We’ll see. I am so used to working people I know and trust it is hard to make the transition to working strangers and holding them accountable to do their jobs. If any of you know good painters in the Hoover area give me a call. I have plenty of work to keep them employed.
The painters have had me getting up at 5:15 in the morning. I am done for today. I get to sleep in until 6:30 in the morning. Be blessed all.
Westy over and out

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Mandapooh said...

I posted the info on MySpace and got a reply from Scott asking for more info. I sent him your cell. You might be hearing from him, or he may know somebody local.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Zipidee said...

I've worked alone for the last 18 years because I've never been able to find trustworthy help. As I approach 60 I wonder if it's time to start finding work that I can match workers to and making my money as a supervisor. Truley become a General Contractor. But back to trusting others to complete a job to your standards.
Good luck Bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home