Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just an update!
Did you know that women use exclamation marks 3 times as often as men in blogs and e-mails? I heard that on NPR so that makes it so.
Well, we did in fact go to the Glen Miller concert Saturday night. The little fella at the front door was suitably confused as I tried to explain how 7 people from the hinterlands managed to find themselves at his fine venue without tickets. Looking perplexed as to what to do he asked the guy next to him if he had any extra tickets. Having received a negative response and looking at me and my entourage, he made a command decision (this guy had to be the most junior airman at Maxwell AFB) and just said “I guess it will be ok”. We left our canned goods at the door and sashayed in to go dancing. We got inside and as I expected there were 300-400 empty seats at the back. That’s where we go anyway because there is dancing room up top. A good time was had by all. Keelin had her best friend Danielle (Jennifer’s daughter) with her so they ran, jumped and danced all night. We were all dressed our best, the ladies were beautiful and Chris and I were not slouches either (matching black suits).
Lots going on all around us. We are blessed. We will continue to be blessed. Our God is faithful to supply our needs and sustain us in all we do. I see what those around me are going through and I see the blessing of God on us and ours. We pray for you all especially during this season. We pray for your safety, your prosperity and your health.
I am going to spend some time meditating and praying tomorrow. Perhaps I will have some words of wisdom to share soon.
Westy, over and out.

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Mandapooh said...

I think NPR was right! I am constantly using !!!!!!!!!! And in fact, I restrain myself from using more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Zipidee said...

Not to be contary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or out done by the Pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't ole Glenn cash it in during the war? Is he a kinda Elvis impersonator or something?!!!!
Sounds kinda spooky!!!!!!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger unclewesty said...

To Mandapooh: Stiffle
To Zipidee: Yes, he bought it in WW2. The Air Force Band keeps the tradition alive. Boy, can those guys play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Didn't have anything to say, but refuse to be outdone!!!!) tee-hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home