Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Suprise!

It’s a new day!
Funny how we manage to have one of those when we wake up. Most are similar to the one we just finished but most also had just a little something that made it different, even special. My special for today is discovering Brian’s blog. I confess, I was impressed with his thoughtfulness. I have never been around him enough to really know him well. Perhaps we will learn as we go.
Well, we are preparing to go to the Glen Miller concert Saturday night. Uncle Westy blew it this year. Last year I called Public Affairs at Maxwell the last week in October and had them send me tickets when they became available. This year I came up with a dozen reasons to put off calling for our tickets and now look at me. Three days before the concert and no tickets are available. There have always been LOTS of seats left up high( we usually sit up there anyway) so we are going to dress up, go to the theater and with canned good in hand ask the doorman “Please sir, may we come in and dance?”. If that doesn’t work there is plan b. Having been an enlisted man in the Navy I am by definition in the Officers’ Manual “sly, cunning and bear watching at all times”. If all else fails we will just go to a nice dinner dressed to the nines. Several of my favorite pictures from last year were from that concert. I promised Zipidee that I would send new pictures Sunday. We will be impressive.
Not much else to share tonight. ‘just didn’t want to let the blog get stale
UncleWesty, over and out.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Mandapooh said...

nice to hear from you! And my green high heels can't wait to come out and play Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home