Sunday, October 18, 2009

The beat goes on!
The Dodgers are getting clobbered in Philadelphia. Florida could have been beaten yesterday but escaped. Alabama stays undefeated. Auburn got burned.
Church was good this morning. We baptized 2 of the kids this morning. Keelin says she wants to be baptized next time. We quizzed her about what it meant to be baptized and why should you be baptized and she was very knowledgeable. She said her daddy told her about it. Good boy!
After church we took Keelin to lunch with us and then we went to the Pumpkin Patch ‘cause granddad promised. She spent more than an hour on the inflatable slides and obstacle course before moving on to the petting zoo. I thought the llama was going to spit at her but she escaped. A trip on the tractor train and face painting and it was a full afternoon and time to go.
We dropped her off and went on to the church for our Strategic Team meating. The ever lovely Mandy had been invited to join the team by Pastor so this was her first meeting with us. Dad is mighty proud to have her on the team. I have thought she would be a good fit for a long time. I think in time Robby and Tracey will take a seat with us. We need some younger voices in leadership and I have full confidence in both of them.
Pulled the pictures from this afternoon off the camera. She is lovely as ever. I got some good ones. I’ll post them somewhere.
This needs to be a week of miracle provision. I’m tired of wondering what’s next. I know I’m just along for the ride, but I really want to know where the bus is going. Robert and I are conniving and planning. Maybe this will be the week we put shape to it.
The Lord is my strength! I will lift His name on high! Forget not the Lord your God and His covenant for it is He who has given you the ability to create wealth. His goodness endures forever!
Uncle Westy over and out!

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Zipidee said...

Prayin for you Unc!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger unclewesty said...

back atcha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home