Sunday, January 25, 2009

time with Keelin


Friday afternoon it was nearly 70 by mid-afternoon. I had been in the office part of the day but had taken every opportunity to get out and into the sunshine. I have been feeling like a mushroom lately. It has been too cold to enjoy outside so I have contented myself with working inside. I had been working on cleaning the garage out so we could get around and had had the door up most of the day. I had found a bunch of old cassette tapes and had enjoyed listening to Justo Amario, Cruse and then I found Music Machine! There was old uncle westy singing along and enjoying the pre-school tape. Keelin got home and thought I was funny so it was worth something. She wanted to play outside so we got the ball and played “granddad chase the ball and kick it to me”. She can dribble the ball on the driveway and has mastered the side foot soccer kick. She wanted a snack so she brought a little table out and set up her picknic in the driveway. I got out a lounge chair and worked on my tan. Aunt Mandy showed up (see what happens when the sun comes out) and took the above picture. When it came time to take her home she wanted to go in my truck. In the truck she gets to sit up front (still in her booster seat) and granddad keep his I-pod in the truck. The trip to her house is 3 songs long. She listens to Wild Thing,(the Trogs) Takin’Care of Business(Backman Turner Overdrive) and Surfin’USA (Beach Boys) because it makes her feel like she’s at the beach. It ends about the time we turn into her driveway. She had me load those three on HER I-pod so she could listen at home.
Lookin’ forward to Zippidee to come see us for several weeks. I’m sure there will be interesting discussions around the coffee pot at Mom’s.
Unclewesty, over and out.

5 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Mandapooh said...

I LOVE this picture! And anyone of any age can appreciate Surfin' USA. It was lovely to be outside again, and not shivering.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Zipidee said...

Specialy if you were watchin the surfers when it was a brand new song ;~)
Job delays are slowing the departure but depart I will.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Her Majesty Speaks!! said...

I really enjoy your stories, and I love the old stories of your dad.
Very cool!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

This is one FABULOUS picture!!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Nanette said...

Hey I don't actually know my url but I have a blog spot! Nan Witham or nanettewitham.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home