Monday, October 26, 2009

I’ve been robbed! No, really! The theif that commeth in the night commeth here!
Friday night some time my cars were ransacked and relieved of the GPS and MY IPOD! The nerve of some people! I came out Saturday morning to go to breakfast at church and when I opened the door to the truck it was obvious that someone else had been there since I left it Friday night. The plastic tub on the hump is where I keep my stuff. A good flashlight, binoculars, change purse and checkbook. The checkbook had been opened but no checks were missing. The binocular case had been opened but nothing was gone. The change purse was gone with the 2 or 3 dollars in change. The pocket was ravaged but nothing was gone because there was nothing but Tylenol and tissue. My Ipod was gone with the tuning/charger. My GPS was gone but they left the mount on the windshield.
I went on to breakfast. When I got back I intended to call the police to file a report. I saw a couple of guys standing out by the street (which never happens around here) so I went down and asked them if they had been hit too. Seems these guys made a tour of the neighborhood and went thru any car that was open. They took 4 GPSs, 2 Ipods, one pistol and a laptop. They passed on fishing rods with reels worth hundreds. One of the guys left the keys to his truck in the ignition but they weren’t interested. They went thru Andrea’s car and didn’t take anything. I filed a report and I even had the serial number for my Ipod but the cop didn’t give me much hope.
This afternoon just before 5 I got a call from the city police. They have my Ipod! No word yet on the other stuff but ya gotta start somewhere. Personally I would like to go down to the jail and pop this guy up side the head just for messin’ with my stuff but I guess I’ll leave that up to the judge. I won’t get it back for some time and I don’t know what shape it is in but at least we know where it is and that someone is in the slammer!
Ya know, it was 5 or 6 hundres dollars of stuff. But mostly, it was MY stuff. I like my stuff. I paid real money for it. Lets see if I get the rest of it back. I’ll write a nice letter to the paper for the Police Dept.
Unclewesty, over and out

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Saw someone else on Facebook mention that their iPod and GPS was stolen as well. Random to have a robbery spree in Clanton I guess. Glad you got your iPod back. Such a personal thing to have stolen. Hope you have as much luck with your gps.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Zipidee said...

Police stoped a guy in the next county for driving with expired plates. He told the State Trooper that he'd lost his job and didn't have the money to pay for a new sticker or the accompanying inspection. They let him off if he promised to go home and not use the van until it was made legal. The officer noticed that the van was full of 5 gallon propane tanks.
Later there were reports coming into the State Troopers of tanks missing from grills in the area (lot of second homes in our hood). Trooper goes to this guys house & found over a hundred tanks in this guys garage. He was storing them to heat his home this winter.
Things are getting tight here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home